In this chapter.
(1) “Judge Advocate General” means, severally, the Judge Advocates General of the Army, Navy, and Air Force and, except when the Coast Guard is operating as a service in the Navy, the General Counsel of the Department of Transportation.
(2) The Navy, the Marine Corps, and the Coast Guard designated as such by appropriate authority.
(4) “Officer in Charge” means a member of the Navy, the Marine Corps, or the Coast Guard designated as such by appropriate authority.
(5) “Superior commissioned officer” means a commissioned officer superior in rank of command.
(6) “Cadet” means a cadet of the United States Military Academy, the United States Air Force Academy, or the United States Coast Guard Academy.
(7) “Midshipman” means a midshipman of the United States Naval Academy and any other midshipman on active duty in the naval service.
(8) “Military” refers to any or all of the armed forces.
(9) “Accuser” means a person who signs and swears to charges, any person who directs that charges nominally be signed and sworn to by another person who has an interest other than an official interest in the prosecution of the accused.
(10) “Military Judge” means an official of a general or special court-martial detailed in accordance with section 826 of this title (article 26).
(11) “Law specialist” means a commissioned officer of the Coast Guard designated for special duty (law).
(12) “Legal officer” means any commissioned officer of the Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard designated to perform legal duties for a command.
(13) “Judge Advocate” means–
(A) an officer of the Judge Advocate General’s Corp of the Army or the Navy;
(B) an officer of the Air Force or the Marine Corps who is designated as a judge advocate; or
(C) an officer of the Coast Guard who is designated as a law specialist.
(14) “Record”, when used in connection with the proceedings of a court-martial means–
(A) an official written transcript, written summary, or other writing relating to the proceedings: or
(B) an official audiotape, videotape, or similar material from which sound and visual images, depicting the proceedings may be reproduced.